My First Book


Hey Reader



Welcome to my blog. This is officially my first blog post. I'll be talking about the first book I will write and what I hope to make out of it.

If you visit my Coming Soon page, you'd notice that I have about eight potential books to write and I had a bit of an indecision problem about which book to write first but I settled on The CEO's TARGET.

I don't know why I choose this book. If you go to the my facebook profile, you'd see the header picture of 'Accidentally Royal' If it isn't there anymore then I must have changed it. But The CEO's Target is the most complete story in my head.

 I wrote the story idea down a year or two ago and I couldn't find the note where I wrote it (I have too many writer's notebook 😉). But the story was alive and breathing and crawling in the walls of my head and there is this particular scene that I can't wait to write yet. 

Two Things I hope To Achieve With This Book:

1) Writing deadline
2) Non-Cliche Setting

On a video about book marketing, MegLa Torre, mentioned that everybook should have a purpose and I agree. It will give me something to keep going at even when I feel stuck or when the characters behave unreasonably (as they often tend to do in the first draft)

WRITING DEADLINE:

"I don't need time. I need a deadline." -Duke Ellington

 I have a bad case of chronic procastination. So much so that I haven't finished reading a blogpost about procrastination for over 3 months. 😓 But the parts of the post I read encouraged me to set a deadline and I did. 

I intend to work on this book for about two weeks. From today the 16th of July to the 30th of July, 2021. The book should be about 50-70 thousand words, so I'm hoping for about 7000 words a day. That is a big goal for me. 

NON CLICHE SETTINGS

I agree that no story is new but while rethinking my possible first chapter, I realized that my story beginning has a lot in common with Fifty Shades of Grey. 🤯

That is the last thing I want for my book. In both cases, the female characters are writers who have to interview the billionaire boss. Not exactly what I wanted. So, one of the ways I could make mine different is by changing the scene. 

I bet you want to know what I do, you'll just have to read the book to find out. 

I read another blogpost on cliche writing and that is what inspired me to try and avoid cliche settings. So for most scenes in this book, I will try to avoid using the classic or expected settings. I'm not really good at chooosing settings and my stories often have the WhiteRoom Syndrome but I'm hoping that by being intentional with my settings, I'll be a step further than ever. 

So, I guess that's all for now. If anything comes up, I'll let you know. ❤ Stay blessed and remember Jesus loves you. 

Comments